A WORCA membership and completed waiver is required to participate in any WORCA organised/sanctioned event, including, but not limited to: Toonie Rides, Monday Night Rides, Phat Wednesdays, Youth Camps, Teenie Toonie, and special events.
2017 Membership Costs
|Adult (18 and Over)||$60*|
|Child (12 and Under)||$15*|
*Become a WORCA Trail Supporter for $15 when you sign up – this is a donation to trail maintenance. For a limited time at the start of the 2017 Season there will be a $25 Trail Supporter option that includes a limited edition WORCA T-Shirt – details to follow.
How to Buy
Purchase Online – The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. Online purchase for the new season is available on April 1st.
2017 WORCA Memberships go on sale on April 1st.
Membership Perks and Discounts
WORCA Event Entry
- Eligibility for entry into WORCA hosted events such as the weekly Toonie Rides, Phat Wednesday DH Series, West Side Wheel Up, Monday Night Rides, Special events, as well as skills clinics and the youth program.
Trek Dirt Series
- The Trek Dirt Series offers WORCA members a 10% discount on their mountain bike camps. There are six in Whistler — four women’s only and two co-ed — as well as others in awesome riding destinations including Hood River, OR, Mammoth, CA, Fruita, CO, and Angel Fire, NM. Visit www.dirtseries.com for the full 2017 schedule. When registering online, enter the following promotion code: WORCA17. Camps usually fill up quite a ways in advance, so think of registering early. The Trek Dirt Series covers cross-country and downhill skills, so whether you want to improve your skills for toonie races or smile bigger in the park, you’ll be set. Plus, they do such a great job that well over 50% of the participants are returning campers or referred by friends. Have fun!
- Tyax Adventures offer WORCA members a 10% discount on all back-country accommodation and multi-day guided mountain bike adventures. Mention WORCA at the time of booking and visit www.tyaxadventures.com for more details.
Whistler Adventure School
- The Whistler Adventure School offers WORCA members discounts on Bike Mechanic Courses, for 2017 there are two offers:
60 hour Bike Mechanic Course – 25% off!
15 hour Bike Mechanic Course – for $250
View the flyer with discount details here.
- Adults have so many camps to send their kids to, but little for themselves… have no fear, ZEP have designed some key programs to offer the Sea to Sky locals a chance to progress their riding through the season, with like minded people, no kiddies and professional, experienced, PMBI Certified instructors. Programs include: Women’s FUNdamentals, Intro to DH, Jumps, Drops and Berms, Tech Savy. These programs are available to anyone and riders in the Sea to Sky Corridor who are also members of WORCA, SORCA, PVTA Cycling Clubs will get a 20% DISCOUNT! For further information please check out the ZEP website.
Joining WORCA means you care about trails and about the future of mountain biking in your community. Your membership dues support trail maintenance and advocacy, youth development and provides training and equipment to WORCA trail builders.
WORCA’s trail maintenance projects don’t stop at our municipal boundaries. Our efforts extend to trails on crown land and in areas like Pemberton and Spruce Lake in partnership with groups like the Pemberton Valley Trails Association and the Gold Bridge Trails Associaiton.
You help keep our trails OPEN!
Recently WORCA has partnered with groups like the Community Foundation of Whistler’s Environmental Legacy Fund, the Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment, the Whistler-Blackcomb Environmental Fund, and others to put even more resources into our local trails.
WORCA is Whistler’s mountain bike advocacy group, working with developers, governments and government agencies, utilities like B.C. Hydro, crown corporations like B.C. Rail, private land owners, timber companies and tenure holders to keep trails open to everybody — hikers, bikers, dog walkers, trail runners, everybody.
Last but not least, with more than a thousand members WORCA is a great way to meet riders around the valley. If you’re new in town or new to mountain biking, WORCA is a good place to start.