For 2019, WORCA and Zep Racing have partnered to create a new high performance program for aspiring young Enduro-focussed youth riders living in Whistler.
This will be a pilot program that we hope to grow after a successful first year. We hope you want to be a part of it.
Here are the key details for application to the 2019 WORCA Enduro Development Team:
What is the WORCA Enduro Development Team?
- WORCA and Zep Racing will be building a 4 to 6 person YOUTH Enduro Development Team
- This will be a fully coached and supported season-long program
- The team will be focussed on commitment and dedication, rather than results
Who can apply?
- You are a Whistler youth resident aged 13-15
- You are a strong mountain biker capable of comfortably riding black diamond trails in the Whistler Valley (eg – Pura Vida, Microclimate, Rockwork Orange, AC/DC) and prefer human-powered access to trails, long riding days, and big climbs
What are the commitments to the Team?
- You will be racing a minimum of two (2) enduro races in the 2019 season, with one of these ideally being a Canadian National Enduro Series event
- You will participate in at least 8 WORCA Chiller/Thriller events this season (our updated toonie series)
- You currently own or will own a proper high performance Enduro bike
- You have a positive attitude, love for sport, are well spoken and personable
Who is supporting the Team?
- Zep Racing will provide all coaching
- WORCA, with Chromag, will provide one (1) full team kit for each team member
- Knolly Bikes will offer Grassroots team pricing for bikes and accessories
- Transition Bikes will offer Grassroots team pricing for bikes and accessories
- Chromag Whistler will provide pro-deal pricing on all components and clothing
- Evolution Cycles will provide team discounts and service support
- Coastal Culture will provide team discounts and service support
- The Core Whistler will provide pre-season spin sessions and personal training programs
What is the fee?
- WORCA and Zep are seeking to provide exceptional and are offering this program at a fee that covers our costs of delivery and insurance
- The price for the full program (6 months) is $2,150 + tax
- You will need a WORCA Youth Membership and access to the Whistler Bike Park during twilight hours (Twilight Pass or occasional Single Day Pass purchase)
What is the process and timing?
- Athletes living in Whistler, aged 13-15, shall submit a thoughtful and well produced cover letter and resume no later than Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4:00pm (this will be a hard cut-off date to meet timelines and ensure fairness)
- Your cover letter should speak to you as a person and as an athlete, your aspirations, and what you would bring to the Team environment, as well as other key points you wish to make – this should be no more than one page.
- Your resume should outline your riding experience, and race participation to date, and other relevant work, life, sport history
- WORCA will select 4-6 team members and notify no later than Friday, April 19, 2019
- Once notified, fees must be paid in full to Zep Racing no later than Friday, April 26, 2019 (an invoice with payment methods will be sent to selected athlete guardians on Monday, April 22, 2019)
We look forward to your interest in the team.
Please email any questions to: