1. WORCA is responsible for personal information in its possession or under its control. WORCA shall use appropriate means to protect personal information while information is being processed by a third party on behalf of WORCA.
2. WORCA shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by WORCA and as permitted by law.
3. WORCA shall not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual (or as required by law). WORCA shall retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes or as required or permitted by law.
4. Only WORCA employees and WORCA Board of Directors are granted access to personal information about individuals; however, WORCA may engage affiliates or third party service providers for the purpose of providing services or processing information on behalf of WORCA, and we may transfer or disclose personal information to such parties in connection with such purposes
5. WORCA shall maintain reasonable and systematic controls, schedules and practices for information and records retention and destruction which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or required or permitted by law to be retained. Such information shall be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
6. WORCA shall protect personal information using security safeguards (by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information).
7. WORCA shall take appropriate and reasonable steps to protect personal information against such risks as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction.
8. WORCA shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. (Copies of the Policy will be made available upon request.)
10. WORCA shall make information about its policies and procedures easy to understand, including:
a) the title and addresses of the person or persons accountable for WORCA’s compliance with the Policy and to whom inquiries or complaints can be forwarded;
b) the means of gaining access to personal information held by WORCA; and
c) a description of the type of personal information held by WORCA, including a general account of its use.
11. In order to safeguard personal information, an individual may be required to provide sufficient identification to permit WORCA to authorize access to the individual’s file.
Individuals can seek access to their personal information by contacting the President.
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the President for WORCA’S compliance with the Policy.
WORCA shall maintain procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from individuals about WORCA’s handling of personal information.
WORCA shall inform its customers about the existence of these procedures as well as the availability of complaint procedures.
The person or persons accountable for compliance with this Policy may seek external advice where appropriate before providing a final response to individual complaints.