2019 Board of Directors Elections – Apply!
The 2019 WORCA AGM will be on September 26th. Vacant board positions will be Treasurer, Race Director and Director of Public Relations but all 12 director positions will be up for election. There will be a special resolution to pass new WORCA Bylaws and if approved, the Secretary and Vice President positions will be two-year terms starting from the 2019 AGM and the President and Treasurer positions will become two-year terms from the 2020 AGM. All other positions will remain as one-year terms.
This year, we are seeking nominations in advance. Your submission will be shared with members at least two weeks in advance of the AGM so that they have time to consider information about all applicants before they vote at the AGM.
A brief description of the different director roles can be viewed here.
If you have any questions about the roles or what is involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply, please send your nomination by Monday September 2nd to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name and the position(s) you are running for.
- The skills/experience that make you a strong candidate for the position.
- Your capacity to commit to a volunteer role, and why you are interested in being on the WORCA Board.
- Full names of two current WORCA members who support your nomination.
In order to apply to become a director, you must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Capable of managing your own affairs
- Are not undergoing bankruptcy
- Have not been convicted of fraud or a corporate offence within the last five years